Dec 11, 2012

Olivia Ong - Sweet Memories

Today I bought a new CD.
Happy.

The Cover (I think this version is from China, claimed it is recorded in DSD)

It's Sweet Memories by Olivia Ong.
Inside are 18 songs, some are Chinese, one or two in Japanese, the rest is in English.

The CD is packaged like a storybook
How're the songs?

Well, sold my Govibe Peak a couple days ago and there's no headphone amplifier for my CD player. Hence I ripped the CD into WAV using EAC.

Heard a few interesting hiss here and there the entire album. Overall, Olivia Ong voice is excellent. The background music are well positioned. Her voice I like to compare to Mineral Water. It's smooth, fluid, but lack a bit of warmth and thickness. Well, for one, her pronunciations ain't that great. But her voice is good in emotion. Not great, just above average. If compared her to the Audiophile Vocals series, it's still a distance away.

Did I enjoy it? Yes.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! Where did you purchase this CD ? I want it. However I can' find in Japan and Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, if you're still reading this, I got the CD from my hometown. I believe it can be found in stores around Malaysia. Saw it in Kuala Lumpur too.

      Delete