Sep 3, 2013

CDs Review: Assorted

Long time no see this blog. What happened in between the gap? I got myself a bunch of CDs.

First, it is this:

32bit/192KHz Olivia Ong: Audiophile Selections.

I was thrilled by this album. It captures some of her finest vocal performances. She can really sing. Although honestly, I realize why my mom didn't like her voice particularly, the exact reason why I like her so, is because of her nonchalant singing. It lacks absolute emotion, it lacks dynamics. Almost can say her voice sounds flat occasionally. But that's why I love it! It's soothing, suitable for stressful and exhausted moment where you just want somebody to soothe your mood, give you simple encouragement to feel better.

Fav Track: My Favourite Things

Then I have: 

HDCD Remastered Koji Tamaki: Wine Red No Kokoro

I don't particularly know why, I just don't understand anything that comes out from his mouth, but then, music isn't just about knowing the meaning of the lyrics, but also feeling the depth of emotion the singer brings out. In this recording, you can feel the sorrow and melancholy, which could sometimes steal a tear or two without you realizing it.

Fav Track:  あの頃へ

One of them is:  

Love Stories: Pop Song Compilation
One of the best Chinese pop compilation. You can't go wrong with this piece, as it houses many of the familiar heart-breaking love songs of the generation. Get it at Popular! About the remastering logo, I guess it does make the song sounds better, but i can't be sure as I don't compare with the original recordings.

Last but not least: 

I fell in love with this!


Olivia Ong: Wait

How could you sing like that? Frankly, this could be the first album which I listened entirely for every track for more than 20 times. I really Lov3 this! Is it special? It is! Is it the greatest album? I don't think if you compare it with the greatest. 
But why do i love it?

Fav Track: Wait

Go hear it yourself!

2 comments: